Abacus Technology delivers solutions that help our clients overcome technical and business challenges, and economically reach higher levels of performance. We satisfy these client needs by applying traditional management consulting services (e.g., program reviews, organizational design studies) combined with proven engineering techniques (e.g., operations analysis, statistics, productivity assessment) and the creative insertion of modern technology when appropriate.
Abacus Technology's has supported major Federal acquisition programs since 1989, bringing hands-on experience with more than 25 acquisition management control systems. We have and continue to provide full life cycle support for United States Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs, including acquisition engineering and logistics to address deficiencies in contractor provisioning documents. These international programmatic services are primarily associated with various communication systems in the countries of Columbia, Egypt, France, Great Britain, Israel,Japan, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, and the United Arab Emirates.
Abacus Technology offers a full spectrum of integrated, professional services in aviation systems safety, facility security, and information sharing. Our staff consists of experienced pilots, air safety officers, former airport security managers, and aviation safety analysts. This background provides them with the in-depth understanding of airport operations and airline organizational structures vital to quality safety and security management. In addition, we have surveyed many major U.S. and foreign airports, gaining valuable insights into the features and benefits of new control technologies in support of civil aviation and international commerce.
Safety Data Analysis
- Accident Factor Analyses
- Safety Indicators Development
- Airport Emergency Exercise Studies
- Collision/Incursion Safety Assessments
- Global Analysis and Information Network Support National Aviation Safety Data Center Support
- Airport Security Site Visits
- Airfield Operations Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Air Traffic Control Center Security Surveys
- Baggage/Cargo Screening
System Safety Evaluation
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis of Early Warning Systems
- Risk Assessment of Aircraft Surveillance Systems
- Reliability and Maintainability Analysis of Navigation Systems
- Simulation and Modeling of Airport Passenger and Baggage Flows
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis of Global Positioning Systems
- Identification Badging System Design
- Card Key Entry/Egress Systems Biometrics
- Integrated Security Management System
- Security Technology Assessment/ Requirements Development
Abacus Technology provides business process reengineering (BPR) solutions to assist top level executives fundamentally rethink and redesign how their organization will meet its strategic objectives. In today's business environment, organizations must change their priorities from focusing on planning, controlling, and managing growth, to emphasizing innovation, flexibility, quality service delivery, and cost control. The enterprise reengineering of business systems and supporting processes is performed using state-of-the-art BPR tools and methodologies, including the Six Sigma approach where applicable. Abacus Technology has several certified Six Sigma professionals (Master Black Belt, Black Belt, and Green Belt) on staff.
Our services cover:
- cross-functional group facilitation
- business rule analysis
- process and data modeling
- benchmarking against best practices
- activity based costing/management *
- functional process improvement and economic analysis
- simulation and prototyping
- performance measurement
- change management.
Abacus Technology Corporation's financial management services support operational improvement & systems enhancements by offering extensive capabilities in financial planning, budgeting, accounting, and auditing as well as system modernization.
Abacus Technology possesses subject matter expertise and brings industry best practices in the full range of financial management operations and support functions.
- Capital Budget and Forecasting
- Resource Allocation
- Funds Control
- Earned Value Management
- Account Reconciliation
- Cash/Debt Management
- Cost Accounting
- Overhead Computation
- Activity Based Costing
- Inventory/Asset Valuation
- System Compliance Audits
- Internal Control Review
- Performance Measurement
- Financial Reporting
- Pre - and Post-Audit Support
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Strategic Program and Operations Service Planning
Abacus Technology is a full service provider of financial and administrative management systems support-planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, migration/conversion, and upgrade.
- Finance and Accounting Systems
- Procurement Management Systems
- Inventory Management Systems
- Payroll and Payment Processing Systems
- Asset Disposition Systems
- Financial Tracking and Funds Control Subsytems
- Insurance Claims Processing Systems
- Tax Withholding Systems
Abacus Technology has a complete working knowledge of prominent laws, regulations, and directives governing Federal financial management.
- Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA)
- Chief Financial Officers Act (CFO Act)
- Credit Reform Act (CRA)
- Department of the Treasury, Treasury Financial Manual
- Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) Statements
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Federal Agencies Centralized Trial Balance Systems (FACTS I and II)
- Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA)
- Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA)
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Government Accounting Standards
- GAO Red Book, Appropriation Law
- General Accounting Office (GAO) Yellow Book, Audit Resolution
- Government Management Reform Act (GMRA)
- Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA)
- Information Technology and Management Reform Act (ITMRA)
- JFMIP Federal Financial Systems Standards and Requirements
- National Performance Review, Franchise Guide
- OMB Circulars No. A-123, No. A-129, and No. 97-01
- Paperwork Reduction Act and the Paperwork Reduction Reauthorization Act
- Prompt Payment Act (PPA)
Abacus Technology has and is serving as the major contractor supporting multi-billion dollar international litigations on behalf of the U.S. government. Turnkey support service capabilities include workflow analysis, database creation and utilization, imaging and encoding, automated document management and on-line access, full text indexing and retrieval, ad hoc query and report generation, and user training.
We also perform administrative and analytical litigation functions, optimally handling millions of pages of evidence. These functions involve document inventory and repository maintenance, claims analysis, case file retrieval and analysis, docket monitoring, and evidence organization and presentation.
Abacus Technology provides integrated marketing communications and public information management consulting services. This experience includes establishing public and private partnerships and working side-by-side with:
- various Federal agencies
- consumer advocacy groups
- equipment manufacturers
- national and international standards organizations
- professional/research societies
- industry associations
- state and local governments.
Our core staff members posses excellent marketing, media, and public education service delivery credentials. They are also well-versed in leading edge information technologies and methodologies for effectively delivering clear messages to target audiences and have ready access to specialized niche facilities needed for sophisticated multi-media production, public service announcements, innovative web development, and creative exhibit/display fabrication.