Abacus is committed to finding the best technologies for our clients.
To deliver the solutions our clients expect from us, we frequently collaborate with vendors and other partners. Examples of some industry tools and methods that Abacus has configured and implemented to cost-effectively advance customer operations include:
Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is a new addressing system for Internet connected devices. The massive growth of internet endpoints has made this change necessary. The old schema (IPv4) enabled around 4.3 billion unique addresses. IPv6 will allow 340 undecillionths new addresses (3.40 followed by 38 zeros). Although IPv6 provides the Internet with enough addressing power to handle the "Internet of Things" (i.e., everything including your refrigerator and other home devices), it will be a challenge for the average Enterprise IT department to successfully transition to IPv6.
MOVEit is a secure, flexible, and highly manageable means of reliably moving data between environments while protecting data and customers' internal systems. Abacus utilizes MOVEit for our customers who need a managed file transfer solution because it:
- Provides a single, secure system for all of our business-critical file transfers between External and Internal environments.
- Provides a simple user interface to easily define workflows
- Automatically logs all file transfer activity in a tamper-evident database
- Provides extensive reporting capabilities
- Supports anti-virus protection from McAfee, Symantec, and Sophos
- Provides encryption and utilizes protocol rules (FTPS, SFTP, SSH, and HTTP/S)
- Provides hardened server settings and OS-independent security.
Radio Frequency Identification